Laptop, iPad, iPhone, Tablets? What do you use?

cichy1012

What do you all use to transfer photos over to a bigger screen for viewing, editing, or showing people. Do you wi-fi it from camera, connect using an cable adapter? Whats preferable android tablet, ipad, laptop?

I thought about using my iphone 6s plus but would i be limited?

I put everything on my desktop and edit it first. then to website or facebook. I do have WiFi in my D750 and I will take a photo or two and send directly while I am in the field and then do a quick edit on the iPhone and then post it on Facebook or message to someone but the majority of my shots will be edited in Lightroom/Photoshop before anyone sees them

paul04

I put my pictures on the PC using the SD card, edit in lightroom, then to Facebook, flickr.

You did say about using your iPhone 6, OK if you wish to edit 1 or 2 shots, but anything more than that I would (if you can) transfer to something bigger/better,

Also think about backing up your photos to a external hard drive.

cichy1012

yea i normally transfer to pc when im at home for editing, but sometimes when im out taking photos, friends or family want to see real fast and its hard sometimes on the camera screen. Ive always heard of people taking a laptop or tablet out in the field and was just wondering why besides what Ive mentioned.

Horoscope Fish

I'm rarely in any kind of rush when it comes to my personal photos so the drill, typically, is to purge shots right off the card (I don't see any point in transferring trash on to my hard drive so I can go back and delete it later) using my desktop PC. Shots that survive the purge get filed, and then processed as time allows. I bulk upload to my Flickr on or about the first of every month and for mobile display I have the Flickr app on my phone. The exception to this would be shots for my "365"; those I try to edit and post same day, mainly to keep from falling behind.

magiccityburn

What do you all use to transfer photos over to a bigger screen for viewing, editing, or showing people. Do you wi-fi it from camera, connect using an cable adapter? Whats preferable android tablet, ipad, laptop?

I thought about using my iphone 6s plus but would i be limited?

I use both my iPhone 6 and my laptop. My Nikon has built in wifi. Most of the time, my Photoshop CC on the iPhone is good enough for some quick on the fly editing for blog/social media posts. I can process DSLR shots and feed them straight into Instagram in a minute or two. And it's quick. It's really made a difference for real time posts when traveling with the wife or something like that.

But at Christmas, we did a family portrait (tripod, remote trigger, bounce flash) at my parents' house. Somehow I got set to auto ISO without capping it out (oops). And the best shot was good, but a little dim. On the iPhone screen, it looked fine after editing, but any cropping revealed a lot of noise. So I ended up putting the SD card in my laptop and was able to salvage a usable print quality image. I think Mom bought a 16x20 or so print of it.

So I guess the answer is "it depends." The iPhone is great for right now, but you still have more robust options if you need them if you wait for the PC.

If you see this signature, it means I'm posting from a mobile device. Please excuse brevity and typos.

Zeke_M

I must be a dinosaur.

I plug the camera into laptop #1 or #2 or pull the SD card and plug it into one of the laptops.
Eventually the image gets to laptop #2. Laptop #2 has the best video. It's plugged into a 42" Panasonic plasma TV.
I use the TV as a monitor to evaluate potential keepers.

I do not own a smartphone or a tablet.