:: Anna, Yoko and a Whole Lot of Tutus :: (!!) Pics Intensive (!!) ::

Horoscope Fish

This is how far behind I am on my processing: I did this shoot with these two ballet dancers in early December and only now am I wrapping up the shots.

Many of you will recognize Anna (if you've followed much of my posting here) but this Yoko's first appearance. Anna showing up in fashionable boots was not anticipated, but when I saw them I knew she had to leave them on. Having never seen it down before, I about dropped my jaw when she took her hair down. Once I recovered, we gathered some tutus while the nice folks in the theater brought up the lights and dropped the scrim -- just for this shoot and all on the eve' of a huge opening night -- I couldn't be more thankful! And finally, a huuuuge "thank you" to Justin for saving this shoot at the last second when everything went totally black!

Looking at these shots now there are sooooo many things I would do differently, but that's learning I guess. Still, this shoot was enough fun to last me this entire new year. These girls were just amazing to work with (if you can even call it work) and everyone had a fantastic time. Hopefully I'll be able to do more with both Anna and Yoko in the future.

PSH_6681-BW.jpg

PSH_6745-BW.jpg

PSH_6789.jpg

PSH_6816.jpg

PSH_6876.jpg

PSH_6902.jpg

PSH_6921.jpg

PSH_6927.jpg

PSH_7010.jpg

PSH_7072.jpg

PSH_7132.jpg

PSH_7134.jpg

PSH_6828.jpg

Great series. I agree with you about the boots. I am surprised she agreed to leave them on though. Some of the primadonna ballerinas would tell you they would never dance in these boots. These ladies looked like they were enjoying what they were doing though. That is a complement to you that they were enjoying themselves.

Roy1961

Contributor
very nice Paul, when I saw the second shot I was waiting/hoping for a hair flick shot for some reason?