D5500 Lens Mount / Lock Loose

microkid

Hi - I have just purchased a D5500 to use with my 18-200VR lens which is about 8 Years old(just serviced by Nikon). However when I fit it to the D5500 body and lock it in place, I am still able to rotate it very slightly. I would say the rotation is less than a degree. The pictures appear to be fine.

If I fit the lens to my D200 it locks 100% no movement at all. The same is true of the 18-55VR lens I also have - solid on the D200 and slight rotational movement on the D5500. So the issue is on the D5500 itself. I have examined the D5500 body and mount and there appears to be no movement in this so I am guessing the 'slack' is in the locking mechanism itself.

Is this normal? Is it anything to be concerned about? How can I check the picture as good as they should be?

If I exchanged the camera would the new one be the same? As is most often the case these days, i purchased the camera online, so returning it / exchanging it is a pain - especially if this is normal. Had I purchased from a shop I could just go in and try...

Any ideas?