NSFW Boudoir Pose

Moab Man

This young adult lady thinks she looks silly right now. There is a song that goes something to the effect that you can't appreciate the beauty of your youth until it's gone. I explained this is truer than you will ever realize, particularly as a young lady. One day, she will truly treasure this photo, but not now.

W_DSC_9766.jpg

W_DSC_9766_BW.jpg

Moab Man

How did you process this?

I set my white balance with an Expodisc, can't say enough good things about this tool, but too many don't read the instructions to use it correctly.

I shoot with a beauty dish and aim the light so that my subject is on the edge of the light as it falls off into black. This can be done with an off camera flash and your own wide paper cone put on it so that the light can be shaped to fit you needs and not hit the backdrop.

Editing - I use Photoshop camera raw editor to start. The key here is the clarity slider. Clarity adjusts mid-tones which falls into the range of human skin. By reducing clarity the skin softens and smooths out imperfections.

Editing - Portrait Pro 15 - I use this program to make some corrections and or adjustments to lighting and skin. This program can easily go over the top. A tip I gave another photographer on here that wasn't always happy with how Portrait Pro can go over the top is to open the program and shut off all of the editing it does. I then turn them on one at a time and tweak each adjustment to my liking. The newest edition to PP15 is the ability to put make-up on a person. I wasn't sure how useful this would be or how poor of a job it might do. PP15 did a good job with this capability, but it did take some learning. My subject was wearing no make-up.

Editing - Nik Tools - Dynamic Skin Softener - great for smoothing out uneven coloring in the skin and softening it.

Editing - Frequency Separation done with Photoshop - This step, depending on what I want to do, is sometimes used earlier or in place of PP15 & Nik Tools. Frequency separation allows you to separate the structure of a picture from the color of a picture. This way you can soften the skin color without softening the skin texture. For expample, if a person has mottled skin or some discoloration spots from acne. Frequency Separation will allow you to spread out the change in colors to make it more even. This technique will not remove wrinkles, scars, anything that has structure. However, with a wrinkle for example, you will have a color change within the wrinkle. Frequency separation will allow you to disperse that color change thereby reducing the prominence of the wrinkle, but the wrinkle structure will still be there.

Editing - I finish by using Photoshop to clone or repair and little areas that need fixing.

I know this is a lot, but the two most important areas are the lighting at the beginning - getting the person positioned, or the flash positioned, so that they are in the fall off range of the light. Second is the clarity slider. It takes care of so much in smoothing out the skin.

Hope this all helps.

Roy1961

Contributor
beautiful, first your wife now your daughter. Are we going to see Tami take one of you in a similar pose................................... cant wait.

Moab Man

Roy, This is Moab Lady, Are you really saying you would want to see Moab Man in a similar pose? That would scare anyone to death. I would think you would like everyone on this forum a whole lot better than that. Do you really want to torture them like that?

Whiskeyman

Roy, This is Moab Lady, Are you really saying you would want to see Moab Man in a similar pose? That would scare anyone to death. I would think you would like everyone on this forum a whole lot better than that. Do you really want to torture them like that?

Please ROY, tell him "NO"!

:rolleyes:

WM

OK for the piece of mind for everyone here on the forum I have made a administrative decision. Any Boudoir Pose of Moab Man will be deleted as soon as possible. LOL

Last edited: