What method do you use to display pictures to your friends?

tea2085

I received a "picture frame" for Christmas but am not happy with the colors- clarity of my photos. I will send it back. How do you display your pictures? If you use a frame- which one and are you happy with it? Paul

weebee

Same as Fred. But, I'm a tad confused. You are sending the picture frame back because of the color and clarity of your pictures? Is this a digital frame you're talking about?

nikonpup

i hookup my laptop to my flatscreen if i share pictures at home, amazing what i can see on the big pictures sometimes. I also like some of the effects if i use the screen saver function to play back pictures.

Moab Man

Funny you should ask. For Christmas, a couple weeks ago because we do it early, I got my wife the Nixplay 15" Wi-fi Cloud frame. It is a bit on the bright side, so we turned it way down, but we really like the frame. It turns on when someone enters the room. Off wen they leave. Short video clips can be sent to it. We have the kids email address registered to our Nixplay account so they are always sharing pictures with us from wherever they are by simply emailing to our account email.

We love the picture frame so much that we are going to buy more for family members that live across the country so they can keep up with what we're up to.

Originally I was going to get the 12" (they measure diagonally) frame, but on Black Friday they knocked it down 20% so I stepped up to the 15". In hind sight, I'm glad I did. The frame is big enough so that you can easily view the image from anywhere in the room with no trouble. We often find ourselves tuned into the picture frame more than the television.

tea2085

Weebee- Yes it's a digital picture frame and the colors and clarity are not even close to the pics looked at on my PC monitor. Why are you confused? Paul

Last edited:
I have often thought that a decent but small TV say around 24 to 32 inches hanging on the wall somewhere would be nice. They do have TVs with USB ports in them that will play a slide show. If you did not mind updating the USB on occasions that might be a nice way of "Hanging" your photos. The digital frames I have seen are small and expensive and not very good. I bought one a long time ago and only used it for a few weeks before it was relegated to the junk drawer

weebee

Weebee- Yes it's a digital picture frame and the colors and clarity are not even close to the pics looked at on my PC monitor. Why are you confused? Paul

Because you said "picture frame" Being an old guy I thought for a moment you meant a picture frame you put a picture in.

weebee

I have often thought that a decent but small TV say around 24 to 32 inches hanging on the wall somewhere would be nice. They do have TVs with USB ports in them that will play a slide show. If you did not mind updating the USB on occasions that might be a nice way of "Hanging" your photos. The digital frames I have seen are small and expensive and not very good. I bought one a long time ago and only used it for a few weeks before it was relegated to the junk drawer

I do that with the 40" we have mounted on the den wall. Much better IQ. I, too, have a digital frame laying around that I don't use.

Zeke_M

i hookup my laptop to my flatscreen if i share pictures at home, amazing what i can see on the big pictures sometimes. I also like some of the effects if i use the screen saver function to play back pictures.

What he said.

I have laptop #2 plugged into my 42" plasma TV. If I'm not indulging my Film Noir addiction, my few good pics are up there as wallpaper.

RocketCowboy

As an  guy, I share more photos over iCloud photo sharing than I do through Facebook/SmugMug/Flickr. Since only half my family also belongs to the Apple crowd, that might change, but it works for now.