Slow for me

nikonpup

nites is slowing down for me. Any chance the little bugs are back. Problem loading page - Mozilla Firefox 12182015 51725 PM.jpg

Roy1961

Contributor
going ok for me, in fact I posted 6 pics today and no attachments, that's a first in about 2 weeks.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
@nikonpup, Not sure what OS you are running, but with WIN10 and the auto check and install updates, my slow internet connection is really taxed at times. I have to set my connection to a "metered" setting on WIN10 to keep the updates from happening until I get ready to let EVERYTHING get real slow. Ha!

Of course, my internet is based on smoke signals, so if the wind isn't right, it really gets crazy. Ha!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
bad ping times of 500ms average. long time to load. its always been slow. phone , laptop, smartphone. but its very slow lately

All the time? Eek! What DNS are you using? Where about do you live? As long as you're in the US, the ping should be around 30ms.

There was a bit of slowness attributed to the network the servers are on the other day, but things should be back to normal now.

nikonpup

out in the boonies --- PING nikonites.com (66.71.253.146) 56(84) bytes of data. ---
64 bytes from 66.71.253.146: icmp_seq=1 ttl=48 time=128 ms
64 bytes from 66.71.253.146: icmp_seq=2 ttl=48 time=128 ms
64 bytes from 66.71.253.146: icmp_seq=3 ttl=48 time=128 ms
64 bytes from 66.71.253.146: icmp_seq=4 ttl=48 time=129 ms

--- nikonites.com ping statistics ---
packets transmitted 4
received 4
packet loss 0 %
time 3004 ms

--- Round Trip Time (rtt) ---
min 128.414 ms
avg 128.844 ms
max 129.943 ms
mdev 0.639 ms

no idea if this is good or bad, 7meg download here per centurylink

nikonpup

had a good speed test for me here. test to texas, last i understood server is there somewhere. dare i trust the link to increase my speed by 61%??????
Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test - Mozilla Firefox 12202015 15950 PM.jpg

rocketman122

All the time? Eek! What DNS are you using? Where about do you live? As long as you're in the US, the ping should be around 30ms.

There was a bit of slowness attributed to the network the servers are on the other day, but things should be back to normal now.

it may be packet loss. its as if its loading the site but it just hangs and then I F5 and it will catch a 2nd 3rd third time.I just moved and my upload speed isnt so great. doesnt pass 100kb no matter what. I
think first thing ill do is reformat the drive and reinstall to give it a fair chance to see the true potential of the line. otherwise will just move to cable mode. adsl infrastructure is old here from what I understand speaking to my isp.

rocketman122

I think speedtest is crap. they used to be good. their stats lie. my tests are always good but real world dl/up is crap. throttling or not, it cant be that no matter the time, im uploading at only 100kbs and the test says 3mb.

RocketCowboy

I think speedtest is crap. they used to be good. their stats lie. my tests are always good but real world dl/up is crap. throttling or not, it cant be that no matter the time, im uploading at only 100kbs and the test says 3mb.

Speedtest is easy to be fooled. Not a good overall test of speed.