WWII in color

Will V|Photography

As a history buff (with most interest in WII) and a photographer this article really appealed to me. I figured some on here may enjoy it as much as I have. There are some fantastic pictures. Sad to see Kodachrome is no longer made...

World War II: The American Home Front in Color - Alan Taylor - In Focus - The Atlantic

s_w02_1a35324u.jpg

s_w18_1a35295u.jpg

s_w22_1a35319u.jpg

Follow the link for more shots.

Browncoat

Great photos!

I'm a WWII buff as well, what an amazing period in American history. I really like the ones of the women working in factories. They all look so pretty, even up to their elbows in grease and grime. I mean, seriously...what woman goes to work in a factory with their hair done and wearing lipstick these days?

jcottone45

Thanks for sharing that & the site, I really enjoyed looking over the pictures. I like many other WWII buffs have quite a few pictures, but I have some pics taken during the battle of Makin Island Nov 1943 by my uncle who put his weapon down & started taking pictures, the devastation on the Island can be clearly seen, the bombed out & captured enemy equipment after the fact is a vivid reminder of what those men endured. Again thanks for sharing that with us.