Could not import the clipboard because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered.

briceburke

This one is particularly annoying. I use Creative Suite 2, Photoshop with Windows XP Pro. I have the latest update(s).
When I open Photoshop, I constantly receive the message "Could not import the clipboard because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered." I hit [OK] and the message reappears in about 5 sec.
I have both run Photoshop as the first ap on the computer (prior to anything being on the Clipboard) and I ahve manually cleared the Clipboard.
I have also re-installed the CS2.
Please help...

Windows XP Pro is very outdated at this point. I am wondering if that might be a part of the cause of the problem? Also what speed processor and how much memory do you have installed on your computer?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I recently got this message too as I was trying to open a file from my SD card. I use an iMac with the latest ElCapitan.

mazeedafarag

1. Open "My Computer." In Windows XP, the icon is on the desktop. In Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must access this via the "Computer" option in the Start menu.
2. Double-click the "C" drive, followed by the "Windows" folder inside. Locate the temporary Photoshop folder, which will look similar to this: "Photoshop Temp6382948398." Double-click the folder when you find it.
3. Locate the file inside the temporary folder that matches the name of the corrupted file. Double-click it to open it in Photoshop.
4. Click "Save As" in the "File" portion of the main menu bar. Save it in a different location and under a different name.

As alternatives solution might be presented...
https://www.repairtoolbox.com/photoshoprepair.html Photoshop Repair Toolbox - one of the tools provided restoration of corrupted .psd files