little trouble AF on kit lens

gordo52

I seem to be experiencing a little focusing problem. firts thing I have no specs vari-focal getting use to them (2) when using the kit 18-55 on Auto focus . looking through VFinder I see it goes into focus and then drops back again to out of focus.

I want to eliminate the new specs as they appear OK on my nifty fifty, and 55-200 the lens is still in warrenty wonder if it has a problem or a combination of both which I doubt given the other ok len's

any thoughts

WayneF

Page 30 of your D3200 User Manual has this in it:

af2.gif

A lot of it is saying the subject should have good contrast and be in good light. So at first, try it on better subjects to get the hang of it.

gordo52

Thanks WayneF. I hunt the manual down and have a good read. like most people I don't always read it... I'll have a study and practice. I do struggle getting the correct vision with these vari focal specs . I have ordered a standard pair to see how I go on. Even thinking about get a perscription strength view finder addon

mikew_RIP

Have you adjusted the in camera diopter to the distant part of your glasses,i know vario focal change progressively but do they actually have a just distance correction at the top

gordo52

thought I was using the specs correctly but clearly a little more of the area I had not noticed, taken me a while to get use to them after days of feeling sick an dizzy I was ready to give up then eyes got accustomed the ill feeling left and I was OK

Got to adjust again and give a few tests, trying between the snow,hale,rain to erect some cover for the chickens

mikew_RIP

thought I was using the specs correctly but clearly a little more of the area I had not noticed, taken me a while to get use to them after days of feeling sick an dizzy I was ready to give up then eyes got accustomed the ill feeling left and I was OK

Got to adjust again and give a few tests, trying between the snow,hale,rain to erect some cover for the chickens

You can keep the snow in Norfolk :D