Double first

Liparis

In all my years I've never taken landscapes (intentionally) but I'm now becoming interested. This is my first landscape taken a couple of weeks ago; it's also the first time I've stitched photographs. It's a 3 photo stitch done in Image Composite Editor.
The final product isn't what I imagined, it seems to lack a bit of punch or something. I'd appreciate all critique and especially how I can improve landscapes.

Meath 1.jpg

Liparis

Sorry, it says EXIF not available, I don't know why, maybe because it's a stitch?
I've taken the following details from one of the original images.
Camera: Nikon D5300
Lens: Nikon DX 18mm - 55mm @22mm
Manual mode
Shutter: 1/320s
aperture: f5.6
Raw file

Horoscope Fish

Well I'm no expert when it comes to landscape photography but IMO what's lacking here is a strong, central subject. It's a pretty scene but I don't see anything "anchoring" the shot and, for me, that's what makes for a powerful landscape. This is one reason I don't shoot with a wide angle lens when I do shoot landscapes, generally speaking; it helps me better isolate, and hence better communicate clearly, a strong subject.

480sparky

Did you edit the images before stitching? Granted, it's not the most captivating scene, but you need to edit your initial images for contrast, saturation, etc. before stitching.

ryan20fun

How does 'more of the same' magically improve things?
While it does not have a eye grabing "element" to it, I find it aesthetically pleasing.
I think that using a "golden ratio" would improve it a bit by showing more sky and the tree line.

But yes, It lakes a big "wow".

Again lacking a central subject leaves it as just a nice scene but not exciting.

One thing I have learned when shooting for a panorama is to not shoot in landscape mode. Always shoot in Portrait mode and shoot a few more shots to get the aea you want. You almost always have to crop a little off the top and bottom when doing a panorama so portrait mode gives you more room to not lose sheep.

Liparis

I think it's height mine is lacking which should be sorted by using the camera in portrait position.
Thanks all for the feedback.