Is Internet Explorer for Dummies?

bluenoser

Banned
This study thinks so: http://www.torontosun.com/2011/08/01...cized-in-study (although many say the same about readers of the Sun newspaper chain....hee, hee)

Looks like IE folks better stop sniffing gas fumes and move over to FireFox! LOL!!! :p

(just for the record I always use FireFox - although according to this article if I get smarter I'll be moving up to Opera!
smile.png
)

fotojack

I'm strictly a FF guy myself........only use IE if it's absolutely necessary, such as updating Windows. Just recently downloaded Chrome, but not crazy about it yet. Time will tell whether I keep it or not.

Rick M

I think the dummies are those that wasted time on this study. I use IE and have fewer problems than those I know of whom use FF.

My degree is in computers and I was a IE diehard for years. Went over to the dark-side and started using FF and loved it. Tried Crome once or twice and could not see the appeal.

silvertip

I use FF on my personal computers. At the school I work for the system uses IE. Personally I like FF a whole lot better. Easier to customize, FF tabs are easier for me also.

FoxRacer2

I hate IE, its horrible, im a Firefox guy myself, and occasionally I use google chrome which is not too bad.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

theregsy

IE has never been a good browser, I remember using Netscape Navigator many moons ago then Firefox, have played with Chrome and Safari but always returned to Firefox which is still great :)

Carolina Photo Guy

Anthony! Am I to presume that I deserve to have my intelligence and person be insulted simply because of my choice of computers?

You have gone from amusing to hurtful Dude.

This is NOT cool.

BTW... I am NOT an Apple fanboy.

How-ever, as per your disparaging remark, I have removed myself from this discussion.

Browncoat

Oh c'mon now, Pete. You can't honestly expect us to believe that you've been offended...surely not with everything you dish out. I knew you tree hugging hippies were sensitive about your Apple computers, but gee whiz.

Carolina Photo Guy

DUDE! This ain't my first rodeo. I was just trying to point out that you have begun edging away from humorous into hurtful.

This is unbecoming in ANYONE and I don't want to see you as being less than courteous and helpful.

Jeez! Can you believe that I typed all of that crap?

Bubba, if you can't bite, best not growl! You growl at me all you want. I'll bite back!

:)

Browncoat

Apple vs. PC has a long, long history that predates this discussion by decades. I'm still struggling to find what was offensive in my post, much less anything that you would take so personally. It's not like I made those images myself, they were pulled off the internet, among thousands of others just like them.

We all love ya, Pete. You bring a lot of good humor to the boards. But this isn't the first time you've become oddly offended at some else's comments who you took as a personal attack. In keeping with the canine analogies, if you can't run with the big dogs...best stay on the porch. No harm was intended.

KWJams

Meanwhile back on the ranch -------

The only thing I like about FF is you can get exif info on photos. It has become as glitchy as IE and Chrome don't get you home.