Hello from Annapolis MD

eastside

I bought my first digital camera two weeks ago---the D750. I have been doing photography for 40 years using an F2 and an F3. It is strickly a hobby. I am anxious to get started. Do any of you more experienced users know what I will be giving up by using my two non-AF lenses on the 750. I know I will not be able to autofocus; but that is fine because I have been doing manual focusing for 40 years. But are there other capabilities I will not be able to use? And what are they?

Thanks,
eastside

Welcome To the group.

A lot of it depends on what the lenses are. Some of them might lose some of the other automatic features or even the ability to use the light meter functions.

Whiskeyman

Welcome to nikonites.com.

If the lenses aren't chipped, then you won't get metadata of the lens settings to the camera.

Be advised, unless you've used a plain screen without any focusing aids in your old cameras, it is considered by most to be more difficult to focus a digital camera than most film cameras. (These usually had some focusing aid, such as a split screen to help with focusing.)

Enjoy your new camera and your old lenses, but I believe that you'll want to upgrade your old lenses to use the autofocus features now available to you.

WM