Nikon 24-70 2.8

EddceLLent

Hey,

I know there's a new version of the Nikon 24-70 2.8 coming out soon - given how expensive it is I probably won't be getting one at this point. However I might pick up the old version...does anyone know if the price has already been reduced anywhere due to the new one coming out or, if not, if/when it's likely to be?

At the moment I've got a D750 and my only FX lens is a 70-200, so I think I really need to get something with a shorter zoom else I'm really restricting what I can take photos of.

Cheers

P.s. I would've posted this in a specific lens sub-forum but given that there's only options for wide-angle, telephoto and prime, I wasn't quite sure what a medium range zoom would go under :p

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I don't know how to answer your question. Seems like you could shop online and/or in stores around you to find out if deals are available...

You may have more luck if you'd be shopping for a pre-owned one since maybe some would like to switch just to get the VR... But me, I'll just stick with the old one since I know what it's capable of in my not so young hands.

singlerosa_RIP

In my uninformed opinion, the used market might see an adjustment because of increased supply as folks upgrade to the new lens, but I don't see Nikon lowering the price much on new 24-70 non VRs. And, time is money. You're missing a lot of shots on your D750 if you have to start @ 70mm. (Guess you can take them with your 3300). Good luck whatever you decide.

Bill16

The best lenses seem to hold their high prices even when the next slightly better version comes out. It seems to me that the price of the newer version just ends up higher!

But I've been just looking at the Nikkor 300mm f2.8 primes, so maybe I'm mixing apples and oranges! Lol :D

Sbnewsom

Have you looked at Tamron lenses? I have their 24-70 f2.8 and have been very satisfied with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk