My Son and His Girlfriend

Friggs

This is my son and his girlfriend. He asked me to take pictures of them I have not done portraits in 8 years and that was just one in 15 years. I shoot mostly critters and landscapes. At first I was very disappointed, but they have grown on me. I am a perfectionist and expect to much from me. But I would like to hear what you all have to share.

DSC_2676-1 by William Friggle, on Flickr

DSC_2637-2 by William Friggle, on Flickr

DSC_2595-3 by William Friggle, on Flickr

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Very nice shots. The first is my favorite, the third is a close second. Their facial expressions are good. Take this comment with a grain of salt because I am definitely not a trained professional (not even a good novice). Ha! On the second shot, the only negative I see is your son's left arm looks un-natural to me. It looks like he just didn't know where to place it (maybe that is because dad was in the area. Ha!)

Friggs

Pretty cool - I like the B&W best.

And you are lucky to have kids that want their photos taken.

Thanks everyone. Lawrence. I wish that was true. I do not have kids tat want pictures taken. I have a son with a girlfriend that wanted pictures taken. Well partially true. I have gripped about no one willing to let me take portraits for me to get some practice. The next day he came and asked me. he said he asked becasue of what I said. Maybe. You see my kids will go to the neighbor and ask her to take pictures, who is just starting with a DSLR. But not me who has gone to school for photography. Go figure. But he finally did and these are some of the results. Thanks again for the kind comments.

Walt. That is what I told him to do with it. So that would be my bad.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
The B&W shot is my preferred one but probably because of the composition and the blurred background. I probably would have chosen that one too in color. The first one, the background is way too distracting for my taste and the second one the tree in the foreground makes a cut that doesn't fit with a couple being close.
Just my grain of salt.

RON_RIP

Well I am going with #1 simply because of the connection it shows between the youngsters. #3 may be a better portrait but In that one, they could well be just brother and sister. I prefer the interaction., which seems to tell the story.

Blade Canyon

That last one is great! Not only for the subject matter, but the contrast and color balance are just right, and the blurred background really makes the image pop on my monitor.

Thanks everyone for you comments. Here are a few more.

DSC_2615-3 by William Friggle, on Flickr

DSC_2609-1 by William Friggle, on Flickr

DSC_2498-1 by William Friggle, on Flickr

I really like this one but I would crop more of the bridge/wall off so that they are not in the middle of the photo. Like this maybe

21614112290_004fd8015d_o.jpg

Friggs

Thanks Don for the input. I would have done that as well, but I was concerned of over cropping it. I shot it with my 70-300 as it is far away from the bridge to get a good angle of them. And that shot is cropped a bit already. But it seemed to crop OK in your re post. I will give it a go with the original.

Thanks Don for the input. I would have done that as well, but I was concerned of over cropping it. I shot it with my 70-300 as it is far away from the bridge to get a good angle of them. And that shot is cropped a bit already. But it seemed to crop OK in your re post. I will give it a go with the original.

Nice thing about postprocessing, you can always try something and if it does not work then you can do something else.

Ruidoso Bill

I like them all, I also agree with marcel, open that lens up and blur the background helps us to focus on the couple, very nice looking couple, you must be a very proud Dad!