D7100 Telephoto Rental Recommendations

pandakhan

Hello everyone, looking for lens rental suggestion for upcoming trip. I'll be heading into some desert mountains in 1 week and I want to get some awesome mountain/landscapes.

I've had some pretty good luck with my 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G in mountains for wide shots. Was thinking about trying a telephoto this time but would rather just rent and experiment. Any suggestions or advice?

Nikon 70-200mm AF-S f/2.8G IF-ED VR? I am hoping to achieve some kind of distance effect with detail.

These are some of my considerations.... I'll be in a desert and will cross ridges, canyons, basin area etc. Some of it very remote so I won't need to worry about catching a car or anything. But that'll be the type of stuff I'll want to get good shots of. I'll have a 35prime 1.8 and the 10-24 at my disposal, but I won't lug around all 3 all the time. Too much weight.

Thoughts? Don't have a lot of time, just kind of spur of the moment thought. Not willing to carry anything over 10lbs as I'll be in back-country mountainous area with day pack. Will be departing from major city in one week.

mikew_RIP

Welcome to the forum,will leave gear suggestions to others but it sounds like you have a great opportunity for images planned have fun.

Daz

If your wanting to rent a 70-200 I would recommend the Sigma over the Nikon, ive gotten better results with the Sigma