DxO 10 Clear Haze

JayD

I have been watching some of the videos and brochure stuff on the DxO 10 and I am VERY VERY impressed with the CLEAR HAZE functionality, though I have not tried it out with any of my raw files since I dont own a DxO software.

1. What is the take on this functionality by members here who have used it. Examples would be lovely

2. Any cons on this particular functionality ..... maybe softer pictures ? I dont know.

Regards

Glevum Owl

I've been a casual user of DxO Optics Pro for a number of years. I haven't upgraded for a few versions but have just finished the trial of v 10. It's impressive especially the 'clearview' (de-haze) tool.

1. It can work very well on landscapes most of the time and there's a slider to control the effect, from subtle to overkill. Personally I found it very effective on the Canon RAW files from our little S90 compact. On the RAW output from my Nikon D3300 it produced a subtler effect.

2. It's not flattering on skin tones as it boosts contrast. That's the only downside I found.

I'm posting this from my phone but I'll try to upload some images/screenshots when I'm back home later today.

In the meantime, free trials are available from the DxO site. Download links are at the foot of this page.

Last edited:

Glevum Owl

OK here are a few quick screen grabs from DxO Optics Pro Elite v10 albeit from my Canon S90.

1. The whole image.
001.jpg

2. Close up of the sky and horizon.
002.jpg

3. Settings used, all defaults.
003.jpg

In one or two instances, including the above, ClearView works well in conjunction with DxO Smart Lighting.

Last edited: