questions on portable hides.

gaddypaid

Been looking at a few hides on ebay and thinking of getting one but certain questions arise, what are they like in the rain or windy days do you put them under cover of woodland or open field.
Where are good locations most places are open to the public and you dont want people walking by or kids scaring the wildlife even dogs get curious and and might jump up they or wee up them. I would like to hear some or your experiences of setting up to gain a bit of experience my self. Do you need permission to put one up when is the best time and furthermore what do you have inside with you like a flask.
Where did you get yours from and how do you rate it.

mikew_RIP

Not used one for years now,a few ideas on there use,if you are anywhere near the sea get to know the high tide point and set one up on it a good hour before high tide and the birds will be driven to you,if you get it wrong just sit it out it wont be that deep:D,if you cant find totally secluded places start a feeding station in a semi quiet place and feed all through winter,it will not take long for the birds to come back after you have set your hide up.
The easiest way is to start a feeding station in a layby or somewhere where you can get your car to,then shoot from the passenger seat using a bean bag,dont get the window camera clamps as they are normally crap,i used to set my benbo tripod up in the car but it is different to most tripods.