New to photography

Shahed

i am little confuse about buying my 1st Dslr camera ...need some expert reviewwhich one will be good for perfermance and pic quality ? Nikon D5500 or nikon D7000

Bourbon Neat

Hello @Shahed and welcome to the forum.

If used equipment is available in your area, I would begin with an economical, used D3***. Use that camera to get the feel of things and spend some time at this forum to help you through the learning curve. After a month or two, you should have a better handle on what would suit your needs and be able to make a good decision at that time.

I found that my first one was not exactly fitting, heck I had no clue to a direction of the hobby to tell the truth. So in essence, I am saying instead of spending your money on new that may or may not fit you, try a less expensive used kit to begin.

aroy

Welcome to Nikonites.

I would suggest that you get a new D3300 with the kit lens, it is quite affordable. Use it for some time, then you will get a feel of what you want to do, or if at all DSLR is your cup of tea. Also download Capture NX-D, shoot RAW and learn how to use NX-D. Once you are familiar with both the camera and the software you can go ahead and get a body that will suit your style.

D7000 may be inexpensive, but it quite old technology, so the sensor is smaller, speed is lower and video so-so. A refurbished D7000 without lens will be as much as a new D3300 with a kit lens, which is faster, has fantastic video and a much better sensor and high ISO.

RocketCowboy

Being new to photography, this question is tough because it's hitting across multiple considerations so it really comes down to you. What are your goals/aspirations from photography?

The D7000 is a pro-sumer body, and has all the controls of a professional camera right there on the body without having to go into on-screen menus. If you want that full manual approach to the camera, that is a plus.

the D5500 is the latest/greatest on the consumer/beginner bodies, so matched up with the 18-140mm lens will be capable of great images, but lends itself to using more of the camera automation versus manual control. If that's where you think you want to stay, it's a great body.

if you anticipate starting small to learn, and then want to work up to higher end bodies, I really like the suggestion on starting with a D3300 to learn the ropes, and then you'll know more about what you want from a D7xxx/D7xx body at that point.

hope that helps.

Shahed

Being new to photography, this question is tough because it's hitting across multiple considerations so it really comes down to you. What are your goals/aspirations from photography?

The D7000 is a pro-sumer body, and has all the controls of a professional camera right there on the body without having to go into on-screen menus. If you want that full manual approach to the camera, that is a plus.

the D5500 is the latest/greatest on the consumer/beginner bodies, so matched up with the 18-140mm lens will be capable of great images, but lends itself to using more of the camera automation versus manual control. If that's where you think you want to stay, it's a great body.

if you anticipate starting small to learn, and then want to work up to higher end bodies, I really like the suggestion on starting with a D3300 to learn the ropes, and then you'll know more about what you want from a D7xxx/D7xx body at that point.

hope that helps.

thanks ... i like challenge to deal with manual control :D

RocketCowboy

If you're leaning towards manual control, you'll be happier with the D7xxx series. Start with the D7000 if that's all budget allows, but either the D7100 or D7200 would be cumulative upgrades along that line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk