My nikon J1 had a little accident.

paul04

To cut a long story short, I finished work on Friday, put my work bag on the kitchen worktop (with the J1 inside) and the bag fell off onto the floor,

The camera was in a soft case to keep the dust and dirt off it, but it must have taken a knock when the bag fell on the floor, and now will not power up :(

I know this is only a J1, but I do like this little camera, like how easy it is to use, and easy to carry around.

I only paid £75 for it,
I can get body for £54 secondhand, and hope the lens on my camera is ok,

So now I have 2 choices,
Get the body and stick with the J1,

or, upgrade to say a Nikon J5, I do like the features of the J5, but would that take away the simplicity of the J1.

wornish

To cut a long story short, I finished work on Friday, put my work bag on the kitchen worktop (with the J1 inside) and the bag fell off onto the floor,

The camera was in a soft case to keep the dust and dirt off it, but it must have taken a knock when the bag fell on the floor, and now will not power up :(

I know this is only a J1, but I do like this little camera, like how easy it is to use, and easy to carry around.

I only paid £75 for it,
I can get body for £54 secondhand, and hope the lens on my camera is ok,

So now I have 2 choices,
Get the body and stick with the J1,

or, upgrade to say a Nikon J5, I do like the features of the J5, but would that take away the simplicity of the J1.

Sorry to hear about your J1.

I have a V1 with 18mm lens if you are interested send me a pm. Also have an FT1.

Scott Murray

Bugger mate, if you were happy with the J1 then get the replacement. If you think it lacked and you need the extra features of the J5 then get that. But honestly if you were happy then why change?

Jerry_

If you was happy with your J1, get another J1 - however if you felt that you had reached the technical limits of that camera, then maybe look into the J5 :)

I very recently bought a J5 as a leigtweight camera to go along with my DX and FX bodies and here are two of the very early captures to test the camera.

fiKqiB3.jpg

And trying to have some bokeh (well, thats rather difficult with that sensor size)
ltRFFqS.jpg

Last edited:

weebee

The Nikon 1 regardless the version, is a nice little camera. Upgrade to what you can afford. Sorry to hear yours is down.

paul04

Well some good news, Got another J1 from a friend of a friend, for £65 complete with lens, So good bargain.

finished work early today so picked it up this afternoon, tested it and all working fine.

New one :) next to the old one :(

20150811_172249.jpg