GoFundMe My Stolen Toys Back - Are You Effffin Kidding Me?!!

SkvLTD

So mate's camera stuff got jacked (but recovered luckily) and he made GoFundMe thing to recover the losses. Yes, it blows losing that chunk of cash in a flash, but why would people just give you money to buy your toys back?

Life's short and hard like a body-building elf, and like you lock your house and car, you just don't let your toy bag out of sight unless you can secure it for sure.

I've missed a couple parties because they wouldn't let me in w/ my pack and I had nowhere to secure my gear despite knowing 2-3 venues around the same block. I could've stashed it easily, but without supervision and that didn't seem like a great idea.

Heck, even when I'm working, I per lack of secure spot carry my shit on me, even to the bathroom.

Now, if the said mate's hobby contributed to ANYTHING at all, I wouldn't be as irritated, but birds and trees simply don't. I cover events, do promotional images for local artists to help their businesses. My work matters to the livelihood of other fellow artists. Can always rent bare minimum, do some work, and recover that way. I've dropped my 600 before, it busted, so I did some work and got it repaired. What donations?

Last edited:

Nero

Just saw one from a dude asking for 1000 so he can get a laptop from Wal-Mart. Honestly, people are so lazy and self-entitled. Not to mention stupid, I mean, Wal-Mart?!

10 Gauge

That kind of stuff pisses me off right much as well.

I had all of my gear stolen from me, but ya know what I did? I took a break from the hobby for ~4 years until I could afford to buy back in with my own money. I think it's ridiculous people begging for money for the stupidest things. GoFundMe and all of the other kind of crowd funding sites should review what people are asking money for and make sure it's a decent cause like helping out for medical expenses or funeral costs or to help someone in need.

mikew_RIP

Remember a guy stopping me in the street and asking can you spare 10p for a cup of tea,i said no but i can tell you how to get one

Get a effing job like me

In the UK you spot the lazy gits that dont want to work,they have better gear than the rest of us:D

480sparky

I walked out of a restaurant one day, and someone approached me begging for ten bucks so he could buy lunch. I gave him my standard answer: "I don't carry cash, I pay with plastic."

Upon which, he whipped out his cell phone and a SquareUp card reader.

singlerosa_RIP

Could someone fund me a 14-24? I really need a sharp UWA lens. Thanks for caring.

i know you had a couple of Tokina 11-16s that you used on DX. One of those you got from me, after I found that it was not very good on my D600. I bucked up and bought the 14-24 and WOW! Awesome lens. Save your pennies. It's worth it.