compression

rojo

I just got a D-5200 and was unable to send a still shot or video vie email as there were too many pixels and my computer wouldn't do it. Someone told me to download the ViewNX-i so that I could do that so I did and when I opened it I was overwhelmed! Too many options! I am not a computer guy so was lost. Can anyone explain how I can get a still shot into the program and then compress it?
Thanks

Rojo

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
@rojo - any reason you use the new member introduction section for all your queries?

Like Ryan mentioned, use the convert option and resize to 1000 on the long size.

Last edited:

J-see

@rojo - any reason you use the new member introduction section for all your queries?

Like Ryan mentioned, use the convert option and resize to 1000 on the long size.

For here you can go up to 1024 but even elsewhere, always pick a value that can be divided by 3 else you never get the correct aspect ratio.

I use 1024*682 a lot but should use 1023*682. It's minimal but it's a correct 3*2 format. Instead of 1000, 999*666 is the better option.

Last edited:

rojo

probably because I am new and also not computer savvy.
Please instruct how to post in the proper area.
Thanks
Rojo

rojo

Ryan,
I hit the file tab but could not find any tab under file that said (convert file option) Your thoughts?
Rojo

Marilynne

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Ryan,
I hit the file tab but could not find any tab under file that said (convert file option) Your thoughts?
Rojo

If you're using View-NX2, on the top right side of the screen there's a
Convert File button. Click on that to resize your photo. Go to help and type in Converting and Outputting Files. That will give you instructions.

rojo

Don't have NX2 downloaded as someone on the list said that ViewNX-i was the better and latest program to use so that must explain why I couldn't find the "convert file option" tab.
Rojo