d5000 help?

tjchapman

I'm sure the simple answer is that I'm operating on an outdated system, but I need help with video shots. I'm trying to do some quick video projects and I'm having trouble viewing them. I'm shooting on my nikon d5000, take the micro SD card out of the adapter in the camera, put it in my samsung galaxy tab 2 and the image won't work but the audio does. Is there a format change I need to make in the camera settings? Any help is appreciated. I know I'm working with slightly older equipment but my photos don't have any issues, just videos. Thanks in advance.

Reply to thread*

I'm sure the simple answer is that I'm operating on an outdated system, but I need help with video shots. I'm trying to do some quick video projects and I'm having trouble viewing them. I'm shooting on my nikon d5000, take the micro SD card out of the adapter in the camera, put it in my samsung galaxy tab 2 and the image won't work but the audio does. Is there a format change I need to make in the camera settings? Any help is appreciated. I know I'm working with slightly older equipment but my photos don't have any issues, just videos. Thanks in advance.

Reply to thread*
You would probably have better luck working with the files on a computer. Tablets are limited.

paul04

I do believe the videos get saved as the .MOV format, which your android based tablet will not play.

You would need to get a video player app that will play the .MOV format, I think the mx player will work.(look in the app store)

or convert the file on a PC to avi format and that will play ok on your phone.