Getting a D7100!

johncook

Hey guys,

picking up very lightly used mint condition D7100 in a few hours, can't wait! Shutter count is sub 4000.

looking forward to seeing how it performs. I had a D7000 and was just going to pick up a used example, but the D7100 appears to be even better from what I’ve read and its costing me less than half the price of a new D7100.

My D7000 was capable of some great photos, I had the 50mm 1.4G and it really shone with that, my other lenses were kind of crappy so never had any other good glass on it, but it still took some great photos. Now I’ve got some good glass, I’m looking forward to taking some great pics with the D7100. I’ve seen plenty of images online to show what it is capable of and it looks pretty darn impressive!

johncook

thanks guys,

i'll have play with it tonight with a few lenses. Its mainly for extra reach over my D700 which I love when doing wildlife pics at the zoo or airshows etc..

will post up thoughts tomorrow!!

johncook

ok, had a bit of a test with the D7100 with a few of my lenses. I'm very impressed, was testing the ISO performance from 800 to 6400. It captures a lot of detail with that 24 MP sensor, and this was with quite poor light inside my house in the evening, images were sharp. Great camera!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Congratulations on the 7100....great camera. I use mine more as a backup for my Sony equipment....but that's not a slam on the Nikon. I just use the Sony because it's full frame and I've chosen to go full frame with Sony since they make most of the sensors for many mfgrs. anyway.

I have two D7100 and shoot about a thousand + every weekend all Large basic and sharp +9 ...its great never have a customer complaint and you can crop to 50% without a problem. Big improvement on my old pair of D7000