Where to find existing firmware for 5500

mystic7

I want to hack my camera to allow 64 bit unlimited time shooting, but since there aren't any firmware updates for the 5500 I can't do it. If I could find a source to download the existing firmware that would work, but I can't find it to download anywhere. Anybody know where I can find the current D5500 firmware online?

mystic7

Odd, where's the response I got an email about? Anyway to respond, Paul04, the Nikon site only says "No Firmware update available". There's no link to the existing firmware and googling brings up nothing.

paul04

Odd, where's the response I got an email about? Anyway to respond, Paul04, the Nikon site only says "No Firmware update available". There's no link to the existing firmware and googling brings up nothing.

Yes your right about the Nikon website,
Maybe they are thinking, that the most up to date version is on the camera, they don't need to put it on there download page.

I think you might struggle to find what you need.

mystic7

Thanks Bourb, but I've been there and, as I said, since there are no "updates" to the 5500's firmware, there's nothing there, just "No Firmware Update Available".