Creating Folders in D5200

Choo Choo

Hi....I go on a photography holiday to the Scottish Highlands on Saturday and intend taking lots of different types of shots so decided to create folders in camera and named the HDR, Seascapes, Focus Stacking etc. I then took a series of experimental shots assigning them to the above folders but when I downloaded them from the camera to the computer they all appeared in one folder. Did I do something wrong or does the D5200 not have the capability to download folders.
Any help would be much appreciated......Choo Choo

Horoscope Fish

Thank you for your response, sorry I don't know what the computer side is the SD Card stays in the camera
Your D5200 will let you create folders on the SD card for storage purposes, but it's not going to be able to export them to your computer.

The simple solution, really, would be to take the SD card out of the camera, insert the card into a card reader attached to your computer and instead of importing the photos, simply copy the folders directly over to your computers hard drive.

Choo Choo

Thanks Paul great info but I will be taking hundreds of shots and no access to a computer until I return from holiday. Will just have to hope I don't get them all mixed up. Thanks again.

Choo Choo

Addendum....Have never used a Card Reader but they seem straightforward enough, anyone suggest a suitable one, I will be shooting in Raw+Jpeg and will probably take around a thousand shots.