Wild life toggers show us your area

mikew_RIP

A few views of one of my favorite picture hunting areas,show us yours

DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Felisek

Not necessarily 'favourite', simply convenient, as this nature reserve is only 10 minutes walk from my home. I've started birding only very recently and honestly don't know what kind of area would be best! I have a sea shore within a short driving range, perhaps should try this when the weather gets better.

1MG_5404.jpg

1MG_5408.jpg

mikew_RIP

Not necessarily 'favourite', simply convenient, as this nature reserve is only 10 minutes walk from my home. I've started birding only very recently and honestly don't know what kind of area would be best! I have a sea shore within a short driving range, perhaps should try this when the weather gets better.

View attachment 164118

View attachment 164119

Lovely area,look at bird migration patterns to see when it may be worth going to the coast.

mikew_RIP

Yeap. But to see the dolphins you need to go on a boat trip. Boats don't agree with me, and salty water splashing about does not agree with my camera and lens ;)

Must be somewhere else on that coast because i had read you can see them at certain times from the shore.

Felisek

Must be somewhere else on that coast because i had read you can see them at certain times from the shore.

That happens occasionally. I saw a couple of dolphins in the river Tay for about two seconds, only once in six years I lived in Dundee. It would take a lot of patience to take a picture from the shore. I'm guessing that dolphins are naturally curious and follow boats, so there is a much higher probability of spotting them from a boat.

Having said that, there are a few specific spots where they can be seen more often from the shore, I might try one day when I'm bored.

cbay

Gonna have to put the big gun down long enough to get some recent images of my area.

This is looking down our dead end road from the house.

4-13 redbud 1-3207.jpg

From the roof this winter looking north

DSC_0603.jpg

Roof top looking east

DSC_0601.jpg

Sleet and ice sunrise in the yard looking north east

DSC_1079.jpg

Main deer bedding grounds approx. 300 yards below house

DSC_0990.jpg

Stoshowicz

Gonna have to put the big gun down long enough to get some recent images of my area.

This is looking down our dead end road from the house.

From the roof this winter looking north

Roof top looking east

Sleet and ice sunrise in the yard looking north east

View attachment 164159

Main deer bedding grounds approx. 300 yards below house

Compared to those, wherever I decide is favorite of mine ,, its going to look sucky in comparison. :(