Nikon website for research?

Omes

Hey guys,

I'm new here! Just wondering what were your thoughts on the Nikonusa.com website. Do you use it for your research before you make upgrades? Basically is it any good?

Thanks so much,

Omes

Horoscope Fish

Hey guys,

I'm new here! Just wondering what were your thoughts on the Nikonusa.com website. Do you use it for your research before you make upgrades? Basically is it any good?

Thanks so much,

Omes
I think it's a good website in that it's informative, well laid out and has things like download links for manuals and firmware updates.

That being said, I consider the site primarily a marketing tool for Nikon. If want technical specs or reviews on something like a flash, or a lens, I look elsewhere for that information.

jay_dean

Like the others have said, its good for some specs, general info and firmware. But at the end of the day its there to sell you the Nikon brand, and wouldn't give an unbiased opinion

AC016

Hey guys,

Thanks so much,

Omes

If you want a place to find in-depth reviews of Nikon cameras, go to DPReview. I find their camera reviews to be some of the best. Do not join the forum though.

SkvLTD

Hey guys,

Thanks so much,

Omes

Never. Lags and sometime hangs on my comp. I use forum reviews, MIR, etc.