First shot with my LUMIX

mikew_RIP

Well its not mine yet:D called in at the dealers for a look and he has loaned me his demo model for the weekend,while in the shop talking i took this,hand held 40mm (224mm) @ 1/60th it aint bad jpeg SOOC just resized,should have had a raw with it but cant find it:D.

2015_0606testpan0006.jpg

This one is 215mm (1200mm) hand held 1/60th second,through two sheets of glass,this camera may be a keeper.

2015_0606testpan0004.jpg

mikew_RIP

Keep us posted, very interested to see what you make of it.

First problem is finding a program for the raw images,at the moment photoshop cant do it and they will not convert using the DNG converter,have to start surfing as i want them in photoshop,worth sorting though the cameras is only £199

RockyNH_RIP

Well its not mine yet:D called in at the dealers for a look and he has loaned me his demo model for the weekend,while in the shop talking i took this,hand held 40mm (224mm) @ 1/60th it aint bad jpeg SOOC just resized,should have had a raw with it but cant find it:D.

Off to a good start! :)

Pat in GA

mikew_RIP

Looks like i will have to use the DNG converter at the moment,then look into if the latest Elements will handle the raw files.

TedG954

Looks like i will have to use the DNG converter at the moment,then look into if the latest Elements will handle the raw files.

Panasonic includes a disc to download their RAW photos. Then I just convert them to TIFF and then JPG.

mikew_RIP

I thought you getting a P900/D7200/D610?:indecisiveness:

Shut up :D

Some decisions have been made :D i dont need full frame,i could easily want it but thats a different story,the D7200 was only ever a vague possibility ime tempted to wait for the next one,the P900 is next on my purchase list when stock finally becomes available.

My wife has the Fuji hs30 or something like that but its so slow(crap) the new camera will become hers when i get the P900.

Blacktop

Shut up :D

Some decisions have been made :D i dont need full frame,i could easily want it but thats a different story,the D7200 was only ever a vague possibility ime tempted to wait for the next one,the P900 is next on my purchase list when stock finally becomes available.

My wife has the Fuji hs30 or something like that but its so slow(crap) the new camera will become hers when i get the P900.

No problem. Which Lumix is it, so I can Google it?

paul04

Good 1st shots Mike, had to look twice at the zoom shot of the red car, where it was on the 1st picture, that is a very good zoom, and still clear.

mikew_RIP

Good 1st shots Mike, had to look twice at the zoom shot of the red car, where it was on the 1st picture, that is a very good zoom, and still clear.

Thanks Paul,its exactly what you shouldn't do with a super zoom though,there best use is closer in to give a decent image size with a small subject,hoping the wind drops tomorrow and i can find some butterfly's.

Blacktop

Thanks Paul,its exactly what you shouldn't do with a super zoom though,there best use is closer in to give a decent image size with a small subject,hoping the wind drops tomorrow and i can find some butterfly's.

Exactly! I was going to suggest taking a walk up to the VW might yield better results, before I saw the quote above.
good luck with it Mike. Can't wait to see some BIF shots with it. Can it do C focus ?

mikew_RIP

Exactly! I was going to suggest taking a walk up to the VW might yield better results, before I saw the quote above.
good luck with it Mike. Can't wait to see some BIF shots with it. Can it do C focus ?

It has C setting but BIF could be a different story :D

Lawrence

The FZ-72 is an awesome camera.
We sell them in the shop and they are proving to be very popular.
And so is the Nikon p900 for that matter