35mm F 1.8G fake or good lens

vikash23

Hi,
I recently bought a 35mm f1.8g lens and i have registed my product in nikon website. Could anyone tell me how to find my lens is fake or good one as i bought it from online.

Woodyg3

Contributor
Many of us buy equipment online all the time. Why would you suspect this is not a real Nikon lens? Does something look wrong about it? What company did you buy from?

I'm not sure about this, but I think that if the Nikon web site accepted the serial number of your lens when you registered it, the serial number is an accurate number for that product.

Dxer

First time I have heard of the notion that someone is making knockoffs? I believe you have a legit lens and the 35mm F/1.8 is a very good lens.

SkvLTD

Its so cheap that I highly doubt any fakes. Not that China doesn't try, like w/ Canon 50/1.8, but I haven't heard of these 35s being duped yet.

RocketCowboy

Hi,
I recently bought a 35mm f1.8g lens and i have registed my product in nikon website. Could anyone tell me how to find my lens is fake or good one as i bought it from online.

If you were able to register the lens with Nikon, I would expect you're pretty safe that the lens is not a fake.