Sigma 500mm 4.5 lens

tripod123

I have a Sigma 500mm 4.5 EX DG lens that I have always used with a Sigma 1.4 EX DG teleconverter that used to auto focus perfect. I sent it to Sigma in New York after years of service. When I received it back it would not auto focus with the converter. I called Sigma and was told it was not sopposed to auto focus with a teleconverter. I have never heard of this every where I look and hear people are using converters with 500mm 4.5 with auto focus. HELP

Dxer

Interesting since on their website, they state that you can use the Sigma APO Teleconverters with that lens.

I'd be calling them back.

I should also note that they do not state whether or not it will autofocus.

jay_dean

Interesting since on their website, they state that you can use the Sigma APO Teleconverters with that lens.

I'd be calling them back.

I should also note that they do not state whether or not it will autofocus.
Yeah, it states it becomes a 700mm f6.3 MF. But its strange, as many users with this lens state it does AF with the 1.4TC's.
sigma.jpg

jay_dean

As well as AF not working with the Sigma, I've read it will AF with the Tamron 1.4TC, but it's a bit hit and miss, but works well with the modified Nikon 1.4TC (tho this takes some surgery to the TC for it to attach to the lens). Sorry, but i'm not prepared to perform the modification needed on my Nikon 1.4TC to test it out on my Sigma 500mm;)
However, it's curious that it worked before and won't work now. You've set the rear ring to f32?

tripod123

All is set right also I have the Nikon modified converter and 3 Sigma 1.4 and it used to work with all with no problem now its just DEAD it really sucks.