My very first portraits....

10 Gauge

I was looking through some old files today and came up with a few pictures from the very first portrait sessions I ever did in a buddies kitchen. These photo's were dubbed the "kitchen sessions" due to that fact, lol. The photo's themselves really aren't that great but I wish I still had these two models to work with, they had the most amazing eyes!!

172002_200791143264730_4624695_o.jpg
181666_201005053243339_6611774_n.jpg
184230_200791093264735_6300196_n.jpg

Horoscope Fish

Nice shooting... I like the hand placement on the third shot.

Speaking of the third shot, is that one just a liiiiitle on the "hot" side, stage right? Could be this laptop but it looks it could be.

10 Gauge

Nice shooting... I like the hand placement on the third shot.

Speaking of the third shot, is that one just a liiiiitle on the "hot" side, stage right? Could be this laptop but it looks it could be.
You're absolutely right about that third photo. This was my first foray in to studio portraiture and very very amateur. What I know is that I had a LOT of fun taking these pix and got some pretty good keepers. When I get home I wil post up some other ones from the set with the model in the second photo where she had some props and costume (think overalls and a chainsaw, haha). Pretty cool. :)

Thanks for the critique!

Horoscope Fish

You're absolutely right about that third photo. This was my first foray in to studio portraiture and very very amateur. What I know is that I had a LOT of fun taking these pix and got some pretty good keepers. When I get home I wil post up some other ones from the set with the model in the second photo where she had some props and costume (think overalls and a chainsaw, haha). Pretty cool. :)

Thanks for the critique!
I've been learning to use my flash more and more these days, so maybe I'm hyper-critical at the moment.

I look forward to seeing the overalls and chainsaw (!??!) shots; throw some mud on the model and and it sounds like a shoot my girlfriend could have set up!

10 Gauge

I was able to find some photo's on her Facebook to upload from that session, but not taken by my buddy. When you mentioned mud, that reminded me of a set that my best friend Wes took with her with some paints that ended up pretty cool, I will post that one up too. I did find another one I took of her that I did in B&W that I like a lot.

132707_1554387779281_4050482_o.jpg
170982_1540236705513_7335678_o.jpg
170356_10150383989915018_8244698_o.jpg

10 Gauge

Ahhh good old Facebook, archiving photo's of the past, lol. This is a shot of my buddy Wes that I took, who took those photo's above, shooting that same model on a different day in his kitchen. This is like a walk down memory lane, all of these are from 2010 or 2011 I believe.

172005_10150386780880018_8180350_o.jpg

Osantacruz

Excellent work! Great portraits. My only criticism would be the one where the model has the axe. Just seems a touch underexposed and looks like there's plenty of detail to bring the exposure up without degradation. Otherwise, these are all fantastic!

10 Gauge

Excellent work! Great portraits. My only criticism would be the one where the model has the axe. Just seems a touch underexposed and looks like there's plenty of detail to bring the exposure up without degradation. Otherwise, these are all fantastic!
Thanks! The one with the axe and the one below it were actually taken and processed by my friend Wes and I agree he should have bumped it up a few stops.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk