Left camera behind

FastGlass

So I went to a wedding on friday that was held at a golf course nearby. The golf course was transformed out of a working farm and is now a gorgeous golf course. The weather was perfect and the bride and groom are son and daughter of very good friends. They didn't hire a photographer and had people just take shots with their phones and share them on a site. Most times I bring along the bag but didn't this time and could kick my self. So many opportunities to get great shots. They even had a session after the ceremony so people could get formals of the wedding party. They did have a member of the wedding party take shots but the camera he was using had a zoom attached so that the on camera flash cast those awesome shadows when taking them in portrait. Oh I was pissed. Never again will I leave the bag behind.

Needa

Challenge Team
Thought it was going to be another said story. I was glad to read that is was only that you didn't bring a camera and not that you forgot it some place. I find it suprising there was no potographer. Have seen table cameras but in addition to pro.

Last edited:

skater

Yeah, I always take mine. One friend of ours claimed that I got the best shot of one of the dances, primarily because the pro was in a lot closer, whereas I was further back and could get a great shot of the overall chaos. I had a few others that I wasn't a huge fan of, but the bride loved them, so, hey. I gave her the high-resolution copies. I'm just having fun, and I'm not out to take business from any pros. I have zero interest in becoming a wedding photographer.

Next year we'll have a wedding reception for a friend of ours, and I plan to load my old Graphlex 35mm with a roll of B&W film. We'll take the D7000 along, too, but I think she would love classic black and white prints. Since there will be a pro photographer there, I can do crazy things like that.

We have two weddings to go this year - next month, my wife's cousin is getting married, so that should be interesting. Then in October a friend of my wife is getting married in Maine. D7000 for both.

pk63015

My question is when you say near by was it close enough that you could have gone back and grabbed your camera bag at some point ?

You may have missed some moments, but you may have been able to capture some fantastic images later. Just a thought