Hello all

Prestige1550

Hi all, new guy here. I just bought my first DSLR, I used to be in photography in high school and developed my own film. After that I gave up my old SLR's and went with normal digital point and shoot and been there ever since till this past week. I picked up a new Nikon D5000 kit, I have only got a couple of books, lens cleaning pen and a new strap for accessories so far. I plan on getting a new zoom lens and a remote flash soon. I look forward to getting some information here about and relearning photography.

KWJams

Welcome and you will really enjoy the D5000. I bought every book I could find on the D5000 and the one I got the most out of was Jeff Revell's Nikon D5000: From Snapshots to Great Shots

Joseph Bautsch

Hi and welcome to the Nikonites Community. If you are looking for information about the D5000, or for answers to questions about photography in general, you came to the right place. We have a lot of friendly people who can answer your questions. It's also a fun site.

Prestige1550

I been cruising around and seems to be a very informational place. I have been practicing and some things coming back, however, this camera does so much more then my old SLR's.