G'day Everyone!

Wookie

Hi all,

I bumped into a fellow Nikonite today and he pointed me in this direction.

Seems an awesome place to be a part of.

I have come from a background of astronomy/astrophotography to pursue my interest in terrestrial photography.

Astronomy is amazing but very weather dependent - I feel general photography gives me so much more freedom.

So I sold the majority of my astronomy gear bar one or two telescopes to pursue this hobby with the hope that I may eventually make it a career (may as well enjoy what you do right?!).

I love all areas of photography and am a firm believer of gaining experience in as many areas as possible.

I especially love landscape photography but am assisting upcoming models with their portfolios.

Having recently acquired the D800, I'm blown away by the resolution. I'm a bit of a pixel peeper so enjoy a high res photo on the screen.

Current gear:
Cameras: D800 and D7100
Prime Lenses: Nikon 35mm 1.8G, Nikon 50mm 1.8G, Nikon AF-S 85mm 1.8D, Nikon 300mm f4, Tokina 100mm Macro
Zoom Lenses: Nikon 28-70mm 2.8, Nikon 70-200mm 2.8G VR II, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
Teleconverter: TC-14E II

My next lens will probably be the Nikon 14-24mm 2.8 for landscapes and wide angle astrophotography.

I look forward to sharing some knowledge and experiences on the forum.

Feel free to send me a PM should you wish to talk about anything.

Cheers everyone.

Ryan (Wookie)
- Adelaide, Australia -

jay_dean

Looking forward to seeing some of your astronomy shots. I'd like a crack at that myself, and its on the bucket list somewhere, anyway, welcome along..

Pretzel

Raa-AAaaaAa-aAAahhHHRrRrr...

(That's "Wookie" for welcome to the forums)

Oh come on now, don't shake your head! You KNEW one of us was gonna do it!

Wookie

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Pretzel that was classic - made me laugh :)

Not sure sonicbuffalo - I will ask for his username and report back.