D3200 Stuck Battery

kathys999

My battery wont eject from the battery department, no even an inkling. I have to get it out with a micro screw driver. Anyone ever had this happen?
In retrospect I guess the problem worsened over time, first it was hard to grab enough of it to pull it out and then over the weekend, it stopped ejecting at all. One camera store estimated the repair at 180.00. Nikon can't give me an estimate, they say to send it in for an estimate. I really don't want to do that because not only do I lose the time with the camera gone, if its too high then its wasted time and money on shipping. I'll go to a battery grip before I pay that much money on this price of a camera. Meanwhile I'm getting a bad taste for the N word because I bought a d3200 for my nephew for graduation and the motor went out in the lens after a couple months use. Neither camera was abused in any way.

paul04

Welcome to the website.

Not had a problem with my D3200, when taking the battery out, I just move the little lever and the battery slides out.

If the camera was new, I would get it repaired. Or a good idea about the battery grip.

weebee

Did by chance the battery got hot and swelled slightly? Can you try a different battery? Welcome to the forum as well!

RocketCowboy

I share weebee's concern. It sounds like the battery (or possibly the camera) has become malformed, which is not a good thing. If you can try a different battery, that would help narrow it down for you.

Pretzel

1) Nephew's Lens after a couple of months of use = WARRANTY, unless you bought it used? Warranties make for easy correction of issues, usually.
2) Battery in yours - how long have you had it? Assuming since a local shop looked at it and quoted a price, it's not under warranty. That's backed up by Nikon saying they'd like to see it before providing an estimate, so... did you buy it used or have just had it that long? I would also assume the local would have looked at the battery to see if it was malformed, but have you tried a different battery yet? Couple of hours in a hot car in the middle of summer could cause some swelling, which would slowly worsen over time. Sounds like just a spring issue if the camera or battery isn't malformed in any way, unless it's just extremely hard to slide the battery in out, then ya go back to something warped somewhere.

kathys999

Yes, nephew was under warranty, I bought it new for him.(Nikon did fix it free)

My camera "shouldn't" of ever been that hot. Never left in a car, but your right, its hard to get it out of there, like it may be swelled. I'll try a different battery when I get home. You know how when you slide the battery in you get that little "click".. well I don't get that click, it just kind of dully inserts, it makes the connection and works, but its not how it use to insert when it ejected properly.

BTW.. My camera was bought new as well, 2/2013.. so a little over 2 years old.

kathys999

Good news, its the after market batteries, both stick. I came home and tried the Nikon battery and its fine. So, cheap batteries swell huh? Who would of thought. I did try a different battery yesterday, but by chance I picked the other cheap battery. After reading the input, I tried the Nikon and its fine. Thanks !

paul04

Good news, its the after market batteries, both stick. I came home and tried the Nikon battery and its fine. So, cheap batteries swell huh? Who would of thought. I did try a different battery yesterday, but by chance I picked the other cheap battery. After reading the input, I tried the Nikon and its fine. Thanks !

Glad you got it sorted.