Three Shots of Mt. McKinley, Alaska

Joseph Bautsch

The first shot of Mt. McKinley is not an HDR. It was shot from the back of a river jet boat doing about 35 mph. I only had only a matter of seconds to get a shot. Pick up the camera and shoot. This is a view that only 30% of all Alaska visitors ever see, a clear view of the top of the mountain. Even fewer ever get to see the entire mountain and much less than that see the mountain and the Alaskan Mountain range just below it all at the same time. A lucky day. The last two are HDR sundown shots taken from the Talkeetna Alaska lodge viewing deck that night and still an excellent view. The EXIF data follows each shot.

_DSC2228.jpg
EXIF: D90, 70-300mm Nikkor, Focal Length 135mm, ISO 200, f/18, Shutter Speed 1/320, Aperture Priority, Matrix Metering, Adobe RGB, Aperture Post Processing.

_DSC2487.jpg
EXIF: D90, 70-300mm Nikkor, Focal Length 70mm, ISO 200, f/22, Shutter Speed 1/8, 4 stop ND filter, Aperture Priority, Matrix Metering, Adobe RGB, Aperture Post Processing.

_DSC2361.jpg
EXIF: D90, 70-300mm Nikkor, Focal Length 140mm, ISO 200, f/22, Shutter Speed 1/5, 4 stop ND filter, Aperture Priority, Matrix Metering, Adobe RGB, Aperture Post Processing.

Mike150

Great shots Joseph. I've never had the opportunity to go to Alaska. Probably never will, but I love seeing photos of that area.