Suggestions for Florida

canuck257

In September I will have four days in Florida. In that time I have to drive from Fort Lauderdale to Gainsville (about 5 hours) to visit friends before catching the train to New York.

I have no plans for that journey other than a call at the Kennedy Space Centre. I would ideally like to get in some wildlife photography and would welcome suggestions for the best places to visit for that purpose. Any other suggestions for photogenic places to visit would be welcome.

canuck257

Thank you both for those suggestions, they fit the bill perfectly. I think I'm going to have problems with the pronunciation of some of those names though! Loxahatchee Wildlife Refuge looks particularly interesting.

cbg

If you are going to Kennedy, you mght check out Viera Wetlands in Melbourne and Merritt Island NWR right next to KSC in Titusville. I have found that there is always something to see at Viera and it's only about 5 minutes off of I95.

Lovin Our Life

Check out Blue Springs State Park, it should be on your way from KSC to Gainsville. With any luck there maybe be some Manatees in the Springs.
Wekiva Springs State Park (just north of Orlando) is great for wildlife also, rent a canoe for up close gator shots.