Hello from Bellevue, WA

Andy Liang

Hi guys. My gf bought me a d3100 for christmas but i havent had a chance to get on it due to work schedule. Anyways im a newbie in photography and hope i will be able to learn a thing or two from yall.

Thanks again,

Andy

Joseph Bautsch

Hi Andy and welcome to the Nikonites Community. My wife's sister lives in Kirkland. We just spent a couple of weeks there. Awesome, part of the country to photograph. You'll enjoy the D3100, excellent camera. We have a lot of D31k users here with the experience to help you with any questions. If you would add your camera and any other equipment you are using to your profile. That will make it easier to respond to your posts. Enjoy the site.

fotojack

Hey Andy, welcome to the site. Yup, the D3100 is a great camera, and I'm sure you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Photography is about patience, so don't get discouraged and stick to it. Lots of D3100 users here, as Joseph said, to help you along the way. Have fun. :)

Andy Liang

Thank you all for all the warm welcoming...I was swamped with work the last couple days and wasn't able to catch a breath until now. Quick question: what lense should i purchase next? I would prefer something from Nikon.