D7000 vs. D5100

Michael J.

I wanna express my feeling about the D7000. It is a great camera. I feel that I have got a camera in hand. The viewfinder is just a masterpiece of technology. The control buttons are well placed. I don't know how could I use a camera so long without the quick access to the focus settings, metering modes, ISO settings, control shutter and aperture, etc..

Even the sensor is same in size/pixel, but I think the D7000 performance is better. Maybe is only cos it is a new gear to me.

The D5100 is a great cam. It helped me through the learning curve of composition, exposure, and so on.

Today I did some shoots and it was so easy to get the shots I wanted without taking the cam from my eye and go into the menu. Watching the VDO about the D7000 was the best thing while I waited of the cam and after when I got it testing what I was seeing on the VDO.

SteveH

Glad you are enjoying the new camera Michael! I remember I felt a similar way when I replaced my D3100 with the D7100....

I saw in another post you are looking at a 70-200 f2.8? Do it - Do it as soon as you can! I just replaced my 55-300mm with a second hand Nikon 70-200 f2.8 vrII and the difference and feeling with your shots is just like when you have upgraded the camera!

The best thing is that with the D7000 you can fine tune your lenses. I can not stress enough how important this is. IT just carries your shooting to the next level of sharpness.

jimbro

I've kept one of my D7000's as backup but I still think the control layout is the best. Everything at your fingertips

Michael J.

Today few minutes ago, I went in front of my house. Thailand is celebrating Songhran, the Water festival. Last year I took some photos far away. Just before I went to a car and they splashed water to me. I love my D7000. Now I can do so much more

songkran-17.jpg

songkran-18.jpg

songkran-19.jpg