Memory slot confusion

swint

Hello! I've been loving my D7000 for a few years now, but every once in a while the camera seems to get the card slots mixed up. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or the camera is wonky.

I have the second slot set to overflow. I have a 64G card in slot 1 (about 1/2 full) and a 32G in 2 (empty). Both cards are SanDisk Ultra.

The other day, after several months away from shooting, I picked up the camera and took some shots. Later, I pulled out card 1 and couldn't find my photos. They were on the card in slot 2, even though slot 1 has ~ 32G free. I popped the cards back in their original slots and took a couple of test shots - which were written to slot 1.

Other folder and slot issues have happened before - a new foldr pops up on a card and the camera starts writing to it, even though the file numbers in the previously-written-to folder didn't reach the limit. etc. The camera just seems to have a mind of its own about where to write things.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

paul04

You could format both the cards (save your pictures 1st) and do the format in the camera settings.
And see if that fixes the problem.

BackdoorArts

Probably a read error on card 1 when you turned it on (you might have seen something on the top LCD showing an issue with slot 1?). When you reseated the card it likely cleared that up. Reformat both cards in camera and if it happens again then you may have a bad card.