External Flash? Lightroom or Photoshop?

Hi everyone! I'm new on here so I'm trying to figure everything out. I got a D3200 around Thanksgiving and I am now obsessed with photography. My questions I need to know now is should I get Lightroom or Photoshop to edit my pictures? And I also need to know what type of external flash do I need to get for my camera that will work well for mainly portraits and for general use? Thanks!

Get Photoshop CC Adobe - Error page you will get it all for $9.99 a month

Many people like Lightroom for quick and easy edits and also for organizing your photo library. Photoshop is more heavy duty and is for more serious editing but it also has a steeper learning curve. Once you learn it and get pretty good with it you discover there is more to learn.

Photoshop can also do things like the shots below. It can automatically remove all the people in about 3 clicks if you know how to shoot it correctly. This is a combination of 15 shots stacked and then let PS take care of the rest.
removed.jpg
don_4092.jpg

Daz

I agree the easiest way is to get the Creative Cloud, you get both products so you can work out which is best for you

as for Flashes you dont state where you reside in the world ?

Jessops do a basic but good flash in the Nissin flash there is also the Yonguno flash range and also the official Nikon Speedlights

I started with a Nissin, then got 2 Yonguno flashes and use those as my Studio Setup, for an "On Camera" flash I use my Yonguno YN560 II

Pretzel

Do a search for WayneF's review on the Neewer VK750 flash. It's a great place to start! And welcome to the forums!!

Last edited: