D600 parts replaced

Scott Murray

Here is a scan of the list of parts that Nikon replaced for my D600.

Screenshot 2015-04-07 10.23.33.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow. Mine had 2 shutters put in, but I never had so much tape listed! Not even sure it was listed at all to be honest.

wev

Contributor
It a special add-on subsidizing the Nikon All Australia Bondage Party-- get your tickets early, they sell out fast.

Bill16

Oh man buddy, they must have started taping stuff into the Poor D600 Nikon's! Push owners to go for newer models! Lol But hey at least they don't short you on sticky, they give it to you on both sides! Lol :p

Scott Murray

Well yesterday I enjoyed shooting with the D600, but this morning I wake up to it being dead. I have tried various batteries which are working in my D800E but not my D600. Looks like it is going to be sent off again.

Scott Murray

D600 sent off once again, this time due to it completely dying... Must not have had enough double sided tape... Lets hope a new D610 will be the replacement.

Scott Murray

Well spoke with the Nikon service centre and I should have my camera back in the next few days. Lets see what they did to it this time.

Scott Murray

My D600 is back and no mention of not starting up, just about me stating the sensor needed cleaning again and they found lots of fluff/hair/dust in the mirror box. Strange but lets hope it lasts longer than a day this time.

Scott Murray

Here is the letter I sent them.

RE-INCIDENT [150424 - 000008]

Hi I just got my D600 back from replacing the shutter mechanism. After about 50 shots it has totally stopped working.

I am sending it back once again, this being the second time I would hope you would reimburse me the cost of freight due to it being covered under warranty.

I do still have a D800E which I can use while this camera is away.

Thank you

And the reason they say I sent it in lol

Scan.jpg