New from Va. Beach, VA

Hoptup32

Hello fellow nikonites! I've always been interested in photography, I use to be into 35mm film cameras and developed my own black & white stuff long ago, before kids, a career and a mortgage took me in different directions. Like millions of other people, I owned a cheap digital point and shoot camera, but I longed for more control over how my pictures were taken.

So I recently purchased a used D40 to experiment with and so far I have been pleasantly surprised with its performance and the quality of the pictures it produces. I'm still learning how to use this camera and could use everyone's input on how to get better results thru the knowledge to be found on this site.

I'm really looking forward to the weekly photo challenges to get me back into discovering photography again!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome to the forums Hoptup32,
Since you've processed B & W earlier, wait until you start having fun with Photoshop or the other post processing software of your choice.
the D40 is a fine camera that can do great pictures.

Vermontster

Welcome to the forum. As Rick said above, your story sounds very familiar. The weekly photo challenges really got me hooked on this site (though it took me a few weeks to learn how to do the posting). There are very knowledgeable people here that can help you out with your D40.