Wifi Wu1a Problem

shaun_major

I have a D5200 and I bought the wu1a wifi adapter, when plugged into the camera and I switch to liveview to get the attached message "cant start liveview". I bought the wifi so I could use dslr dashboard but it doesn't work, what I am doing wrong? Any help would be great

uploadfromtaptalk1427051811576.jpg

shaun_major

Hello spark, I have tried all modes still the same error? I can take a photo using nikon andriod app, but can't focus? So it's connecting?? Maybe a can reset the camera

shaun_major

Maybe wu1a doesn't support liveview? This is driving me mad, everything works fine when I remove the wifi adapter. I even change the unit thinking the first one could of been faulty, but it's same problem with the second one 😣

AC016

It makes sense that this does not work. The Wu-1a is meant to connect your camera to a mobile device in order for you to control the camera remotely. It does not make much sense that you would still want to use the touch screen on the camera when the whole point is to use your mobile device instead.

shaun_major

Has anyone used dslr dashboard with a wu1a adapter? I can connect and take a picture but doesn't show live view? It's now working perfectly with my ipad so I'm think note 3 android 4.4.2 doesn't work...