Tamron 150-600 Fit to Body

Bourbon Neat

How does your lens mate to your body? In my case, there is a bit of play. The locking pin on the D5500 0.0785' or 2.00mm. The hole on the Tamron for the pin lock is 0.0850 or 2.16mm. Looking closer makes me wonder if I got a refurbished unit. Purchased at B&H.

Four other lenses, one is Tamron also, fit snug as a bug.

PapaST

My tamron has some play when attached to my D7100. I can't say how much but I know it's way less than my old Sigma 150-500 lens. I was never overly concerned with either. My Tamron (and Sigma) were both purchased new.

Bourbon Neat

My tamron has some play when attached to my D7100. I can't say how much but I know it's way less than my old Sigma 150-500 lens. I was never overly concerned with either. My Tamron (and Sigma) were both purchased new.

Have you taken a look (close up) of the pin and hole? This could very well cause premature wear on both the pin and the hole in the lens ring. Is there much to replacing the pin if it wears too far?

cbay

My first one had enough play i returned it the next day. This one has play but not enough to even think about. Was worried i might get the second one and find it not as sharp as the first was, but ended up being noticeably sharper.

Moab Man

I do not have this lens, but some of my other lens do have some twisting play. No play of the two mating surfaces pulling away from each other.

J-see

My Tam fits rather tight but it's not abnormal that there's some room to move them left or right. I have other lenses that can be twisted more.