Tamron 150-600 now, or wait for Sigma contemporary?

Felisek

I'm more and more seriously thinking about getting a nice telephoto lens for my D7100. The obvious choice is the Tamron 150-600. I have seen a lot of great pictures in the "post your Tamron 150-600 shots" forum and I like them a lot. I am also aware of a few glitches (AF problems and freezing), though they don't seem to be too frequent and I could probably live with them.

On the other hand, I can wait a month or two and get Sigma 150-600 contemporary instead (I don't want to buy the Sport version, it is too expensive for me). It has similar price and, presumably, image quality to the Tamron. Obviously, if there are any glitches in the new Sigma, we will not know until it is released.

Any advice in this matter? Get the Tamoron now, or wait for the Sigma?

mikew_RIP

If you wait for the sigma it could be 6 months before any problems come to light,there are so many happy users i would say ignore my moaning :D and go for the Tamron.

wornish

If I buy a new lens now, what are the chances that the new firmware will be there?
That is my point . What is the latest level ? And how do you find out what your lens currently has ? Sigma have their Dock but Tamron don't seem to talk about it.

mikew_RIP

Just thought i had better retract my earlier statement :D i will not go thread to thread knocking the Tamron it is a great lens but there is now the possibility i will go back to sigma.