D7100 and Yongnuo RF-603N

Lawrence

Does anyone use this combination?

I cannot get mine to trigger the shutter and cannot for the life of me work out why not.

I had it working on my D5100 perfectly ...
today after struggling with different menu settings etc. on the D7100 I finally decided to try it on my D5100 again and now that doesn't work!

So thinking the batteries might be a little flat (although no reason they should be as the green and red lights are coming on) I went and bought fresh ones.

Stumped!!!

Is there any particular settings I need to get these working?

Oh and before anyone asks if the RF-603N?nikon D7100 combo is compatible - the answer is YES

weebee

If that isn't tthe problem. Then take the RF603 off the hot shoe. But keep the cable plugged into it and the camera and see if it'll trigger the shutter.

weebee

Done that - didn't work
@weebee do you have the RF-603N, RF-603 IN or the RF-603 IIN?

I have the RF-603N. Do you have your flash setting set at TTL on your camera? And now they aren't working on the 5200 either? Check the dip switch settings on your triggers to make sure they didn't get changed when your replaced the batteries too.

Last edited:

Lawrence

Checked those too.
Haven't tried since I posted so will give it another go. Thanks for you help.
This problem did help me discover the additional controls for the built in flash and more info on plash power and Guide Numbers.
Amazing what other stuff one learns when trying to solve a problem.

Lawrence

@weebee FYI I found the problem.
It is the cable.
When I bought my set it came in a set of 4 with 2 cables.
I switched cables and it works fine.
With the faulty cable attached the responders are talking to each other as determined by one of each having a red light go on when pressed - it's just not firing the camera.
I thought it might be some dust and tried blowing it out with Rocket blower but so far no luck.
Thanks once again for your input.