The first Shot i took with the d7100.70-300VR

Paganman2

This is the very first shot from my new kit, it was shot in RAW and processed in LR4.4 and cropped just over half its original size after using the 1.3 crop mode in the camera, what do you think?

P.

Attachments

• DSC_0386.jpg
    DSC_0386.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:

Paganman2

Very nice capture, sounds like a nice combo

Yep i'm liking them both very much so, some days i think i am expecting too much out of the focus system as my keeper rate goes up and down, but it is certainly the best equipment i have had so far and most expensive - gulp.

P.

Depends on how you have y9oru focus set up as to how many keepers you have with Bird In Flight. It can be a daunting task sometimes. I shoot with that same combination for BIF and get great results.

Here is one from this last weekend

don_3640.jpg

Paganman2

Depends on how you have y9oru focus set up as to how many keepers you have with Bird In Flight. It can be a daunting task sometimes. I shoot with that same combination for BIF and get great results.

Here is one from this last weekend

don_3640.jpg

Whats your best AF settings for BIF or anything flying ...

P.

Whats your best AF settings for BIF or anything flying ...

P.

I generally set it on single point or at most 9 point. Bird in flight can really get confusing on a focus setting. I am going to try the 3D focus soon just to see how I like it. I am going to shoot a Blue Angels Air show and need to work on a few thing before I go. At our local Camera Club Meeting last night we had two people talking about shooting flying objects. The first one was on Planes and the second on on Birds. The birds guy was mainly on stationary birds and how to attract them to your yard and how to shoot them but the second guy has shot 100s of air shows so he had some interesting ideas that would/should work for BIF. We will see.

mikew_RIP

Nice first one,especially as its a BIF,having tried the different amounts of focus points i now stick with center point,i find less chance of confusing the camera and with the tamron at 600mm i need the extra sensitivity of the center point.I may give some of the options another try in summer for the swallows in flight but thats about the only subject.