Un-Edited...

20150221-20150221-D60_3695-3.jpg

Edited. (Takes too much time)

20150221-20150221-D60_3695.jpg

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Looks like you might have missed a couple of spots on the frog's body. It's hard to tell if the spots were on it or from your camera. Good decision to send it in because the D600 is a fantastic camera.

Scott Murray

Looks like you might have missed a couple of spots on the frog's body. It's hard to tell if the spots were on it or from your camera. Good decision to send it in because the D600 is a fantastic camera.
Too hard to decide. I spot remove lots of spots and I think I should get it fixed. Will see what Nikon say.

PapaST

Yeah, you have plenty of bodies. You won't miss the D600 for 2 or 3 weeks. I don't mind spots that much but if it's adding too much time and frustration to your workflow then they should fix it. My experience with their customer service seems that being nice gets more done than raising hell. But that probably varies. Good luck.

Rick M

It's worth taking care of, especially if they are visible in normal shooting. It may be worth calling them and just insist on the replacement up front.

nikonpup

i got my 600 back a couple of weeks ago. First time for service since i bought it 2 years ago. They did their thing no questions asked.

Blade Canyon

I have two D600s and sent both in for shutter replacements. I bought both used. Nikon did the repairs, no charge, and no questions asked. Did you already have the shutter replacement before you sent it in again? Is that the issue?

Scott Murray

I have two D600s and sent both in for shutter replacements. I bought both used. Nikon did the repairs, no charge, and no questions asked. Did you already have the shutter replacement before you sent it in again? Is that the issue?
Nope I had nothing done to it, but was still getting too much spotting so I sent it in.

Scott Murray

Well got information back that they would be replacing things and not giving me a D610... Oh well looks like I will be shooting F/16+ and sending back anything dirty mwuahahahahahahaaa

Bukitimah

No sure if this is the correct forum to ask. Many people compare D600 with D7200. It was said D7200 has the zoom advantage because it is a DX.

I understand the D600 also has a DX mode. Won't that make it better or I have missed something?

Scott Murray

No sure if this is the correct forum to ask. Many people compare D600 with D7200. It was said D7200 has the zoom advantage because it is a DX.

I understand the D600 also has a DX mode. Won't that make it better or I have missed something?
DX crop mode reduces the available pixels being utilised in the D600, if you want that extra reach or magnification for macro then DX is the way to go.

eagerbilt

Yeah I do miss the extra zoom range of my d7100. Just upgraded to a d610 and the picture quality and low light advantage makes up for that loss...but that's just me.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

RobV

Yeah I do miss the extra zoom range of my d7100. Just upgraded to a d610 and the picture quality and low light advantage makes up for that loss...but that's just me.
I guess I should hang on to my D5200 after my D610 arrives!

So on my 610, my 300mm will just be 300mm.
But what I have shot with my D5200 is a bit beyond 300? I have heard about this before. I know my 35mm is a normal lens for my DX, and a 50mm is normal for the full-frame. So my 35mm will be a wide angle lens on my upcoming D610, and my 18-55 kit lens will be super wide-angle?

Last edited:

mikew_RIP

I guess I should hang on to my D5200 after my D610 arrives!

So on my 610, my 300mm will just be 300mm.
But what I have shot with my D5200 is a bit beyond 300? I have heard about this before. I know my 35mm is a normal lens for my DX, and a 50mm is normal for the full-frame. So my 35mm will be a wide angle lens on my upcoming D610, and my 18-55 kit lens will be super wide-angle?

Your 18-55 will only work in DX mode on the D610 and then will give the same FOV as it did on DX but less pixels to play with.