Good Resource To Learn Adobe Camera Raw 8.71?

Lautermilch

I use Photoshop for color and Rawtherapee for greyscale.

I'd like to improve on the color images. I have the Adobe CC subscription so I get Lightroom and know it is good but am not ready for it quite yet.

What I need to keep being productive and to move into Lightoom in the future is learning ACR inside out.

The problem is I have not found newer tutorials or document for ACR 8.71 .

Anyone found anything that goes into detail on each section and slider of ACR 8.71?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
As much as you can google, you'll find some but remember that trial and error is still one of the best teacher around. What you learn while trying by yourself you'll never forget.

Lautermilch

As much as you can google, you'll find some but remember that trial and error is still one of the best teacher around. What you learn while trying by yourself you'll never forget.

I need to add some knowledge with the trial and error. I would love a detailed explanation of each slider in a document.

Lautermilch

You need to watch/learn the LR videos/tutorials... ACR is built into LR... you're just wasting time learning ACR by itself

I know that ACR is part of Lightroom. I am not ready for Lightroom at this time. I would prefer to learn the fundamentals of ACR along and without spending money that I don't have at this time.

Horoscope Fish

I know that ACR is part of Lightroom. I am not ready for Lightroom at this time. I would prefer to learn the fundamentals of ACR along and without spending money that I don't have at this time.
If you can't scrape together $25 for a month of Lynda.com then you'll have to scour the Internet. Adobe TV will have some vids but real, solid coursework isn't going to be free. Maybe hit up Youtube...

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
Look for videos on how to use Adobe Bridge. It is very similar to Lightroom, but from Bridge, you can then go to PCC. It is specifically for Camera RAW but can also be used for jpegs. Lynda.com recently offered free access to Photoshop videos, and it has a lot of Bridge videos. You can see what was offered here (scroll down a little and look at the list of titles on the left). Watch the Online Video Course Photoshop CC Essential Training

You should be able to sign up for a free 10-day trial from Lynda.com and watch the videos.

Lautermilch

Thanks to the feedback everyone.

The reason that I wanted to stay in ACR is that if I found the right resource it would be the simplest path of learning. I already know Adobe Bridge and dealing with Photoshop so all I would need to learn would be ACR and then once I was very experienced with that I was planning on moving to Lightroom.

But that did not happen. This morning I conducted an intense search for ACR material and found most of it had not been updated. During that search I found this deal on Amazon Kindle

Amazon.com: Tony Northrup's Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Video Book: Training for Photographers eBook: Tony Northrup, Chelsea Northrup, Justin Eckert: Kindle Store

Too good to pass up. A book with a lot of things included, good reviews, and 12 hours of videos for less than $10.

Done deal.